Supervised Evening Study
Supervised Evening Study is available to all students from 4.15 – 6.15pm Monday – Friday
Evening Study Regulations
The aim of the Evening Study Programme is to provide students with a safe, quiet and warm environment to study after school. To ensure that this environment is maintained the following regulations need to be adhered to by the school, parents/guardians and the registered student.
- Parents will contact the school, preferably through a note in the registered students’ homework journal if the registered student cannot attend evening study. This note must be presented to the Evening Study Supervisor / Deputy Principal no later than 2pm on the day of the evening study.
- The school will contact parents or guardians by text if a student is not present at evening study. Where a text has been sent to the parent, the registered student is required to furnish the Evening Study Supervisor / Deputy Principal with a note from the parent / guardian outlining the reason for absence from evening study the previous evening.
- It is the students’ responsibility to present themselves to the study hall on time, with their required materials. Students will not be permitted into the study hall after commencement. Required materials / toilet breaks are to be taken before or after study period to avoid disruption.
- Students and staff must maintain a quiet environment for study. Any disruption, breach of school rules or disrespect for students or staff will be addressed by the school disciplinary procedures.
- Use of mobile phones / iPods / electronic equipment (unless Dept. of Education authorised) are not permitted during study.
- Students deemed to be unsuitable for the Evening Study Programme because of behavioural problems will be removed from the programme. In this instance, fees are non-refundable.
While every effort will be made to accommodate all interested students, where Evening Study is over-subscribed, priority will be given to students of examination years.